torsdag 20 maj 2010

Spanish night, Tapas night!!




Yesterday we had a celebration of the shift between the 'old' and 'new' members of AJF. I was in charge of the food & desserts this year, and with the help of my dear friend Maggie, we executed my vision of a 'tapas-theme'. I'm thrilled with the way everything turned out (and got alot of great response from the guests!).


Some shots of the menu,




Papas arrugadas (canarian wrinkly potatoes). This salty treat is considered one of the most unusual and exotic dishes in all Spanish cuisine, because of the fact that it was invented by sailors who (in the lack of ordinary water) used saltwater from the sea to cook potatoes.



'Traditionally-styled' tapas with beetroot cream salad and Swedish meatballs.








One of my all-time favorite taste combinations: fig-marmelade with a trio of selected cheeses: chevré, blue cheese & the famous Spanish manchego (astonished by the fact that I found it in Linköping, and of such good quality)! Completed with grapes to accentuate the tastes of the sweet and savoury.













Mini-pite (feta cheese-baked puff pasty)