fredag 21 maj 2010

Desserts galore

I almost forgot to post the most beautiful part of the tapas dinner; the desserts! After all; baking, cakemaking and creating desserts is the most mesmerizing part of any cuisine.




Banana Caramel-Cream Cake
(Version 1)

This cake is inspired by Leila Lindholms gorgeous Banana cream pie. However, I did make a couple of ingredient substitutes. Instead of plain flour, I used rice flour which made the cake not only 100% gluten-free, but tastier and a bit more interesting.
Also, i skipped the caramelized nuts because I wanted the focus of the dessert on the golden dulce le leche, greek yoghurt & cream.
Finished with fresh bananas and physalis!





Banana Caramel- Cream Cake (version 2)
(A bit blurry, but you get the picture...;)






& la pièce de résistance; a Tiramisu fit for kings..
The phrase tirami su literally means "pick me up" or "pull me up", refering to the sugar and espresso used in this delicious Italian dessert!

The main components are savoiardi biscuits (dipped in espresso) layered with a delicious whipped mixture of mascarpone, sugar and egg yolks.
If you haven't tried this yet, make it next on your culinary 'to do' list!